We often talk about self-development, about moving forward in the face of adversity. What we rarely tell you is WHY we're so passionate about these topics. This episode is a good start.
Today's pod dives deep into Peter's struggles with homelessness, and our struggles with poverty. But this isn't a sob story. We're taking the struggles we faced and sharing the gifts they left us. (Because YES, your struggles are a gift. And YES, they can teach you AMAZING Lessons)
Are you struggling financially, or emotionally? Then this is an episode you don’t want to miss!
Somethings are worth the struggle we put into them. You get to choose how that struggle looks like
1. Become obsessed with learning: If you're struggling financially we want you to devote your free time and energy to learning new skills. Focused knowledge and skills will serve as tools to get you out of your current situation. Explore your interests and focus on learning things that are appealing to you (and marketable). Things that could help you get a better job or start your own business. Most of us have access to free libraries, YouTube, online courses, etc. Use what you have and stay focused on your progress.
2. Your image is your wealth: Focus on keeping a good image both physically and mentally so you can project the wealth you want to attract.
3. Develop rituals of joy: Scheduling simple moments of joy will help you maintain a mindset of wealth and joy as opposed to a mindset of scarcity. Enjoy a nature walk, read joyful books, create spaces and activities that make you feel special and you will radiate happiness to anyone you meet. People can sense desperation. Focusing on the energy you project into the world will ensure you're staying on track and reaching the goals you've set to meet.
4. Focus on immediate goals: Knowing you're working on meeting deadlines (even if they're small) will keep you motivated and feeling like you're moving forward.
5. Stay away from energy vampires: Surround yourself with people that support and encourage you to be better and go farther in life.
Always look at the bigger picture. Take yourself out of survival mode into PROGRESS mode #ChaseYourFears
You're not defined by the balance in your bank account or the car you drive. What defines you is your ability to adapt and grow with whatever obstacle life throws your way . #ChaseYourFears
Dayhanna Acosta is a Marketing Strategist, an Advocate for Fearless Living and the creator of the Chase Your Fears Podcast. Dayhanna is also the CEO of Create SFN Inc, a marketing and media strategy consulting agency. Dayhanna loves coaching and educating other business owners on how to develop their brand and voice to reach their target audience. She has over nine years of experience in the marketing field. Dayhanna graduated summa cum laude from Florida Gulf Coast University with a Bachelors of Science degree. Dayhanna enjoys traveling and learning new languages. She speaks Spanish and French and is currently studying Hungarian and Portuguese.
Crazy Good – Building a Business While Struggling With Mental Health16 Jul, 2018
How to Price Your Services, Attract Business and Make a Profit28 Jun, 2018
The Entrepreneur Success Formula with Kavit Haria21 Jun, 2018
How Do You Know When It’s Time to Take The Leap? #CafecitoTime